Monday, October 6, 2014

Cambodia OCIP: #1st day

First thought of Cambodia was, it should be very dirty, complicated, lots of poor beg on the road.. But that was only thoughts! It was surprised when I  saw it actually better than Malaysia (in some cases). Not to deny that the whether, to be precise, the air, were worse over there. So, the 8-days trip made the pimples be my part of family in my face. Principal introduced us the two uncles that we had to cooperate with in the coming 8 days. Those were Uncle Ben and Uncle Paul. After awhile of waiting outside the airport, we got to sit in a van to move to Kampot (the village of Cambodia) from Phnom Penh (the capital of Cambodia) and it took almost 4 hours to reach there. But it's worthy! On the way, the 8 of us (divided into two vans) slept and awoke and slept again! Finally, we reached!

What I used to imagine was always untrue! I thought it was the very jungle style, no lines and networks for phones, the house should be like using the woods to build it. The truth was, everything different! It's better than Malaysia I guess?! We got our lunch! The pastor's mom cooked for us! You know what? It was incredibly delicious! Couldn't express using words! I was very excited when it came to mountain hiking! Although that time I was very annoyed with her as she didn't even waited for me like how she promised, but I did really enjoy the hiking! I hiked alone, purposely ran away from her eyes and pretended like nothing, enjoyed myself with the nature! I thought I would fall as I didn't use to hike, luckily I didn't. I would became the talk of the town otherwise. Until I was exhausted, I squatted and she came to me which I thought she would just walked away, she talked to me, I ignored her by only answer her questions without looking at her eyes and no jokes to her! After resting, I became full of beans! It was the time to go downhill. I was the first (spare the other boy that he could jumped or hopped during the walk). Teacher praised me that I can actually did this! I couldn't remember what she said already, but she said I got the talent that gifted when it came to mountain hiking... I was..

The real life-grabbing work finally arrived! We had to do the weeding job. Tiring but fun because of my craziness and noisiness! It was quite irritating for somebody that wanted to work in peacefulness but I chose to work in my style! I shouted for someone, I sang out loud, I told every boys that they are very handsome to give the supportive and encouraging! I know that it's kinda disgusting at that time, but who cares? At least, I don't care! Just did whatever I liked! Even teacher started to complain that I talked a lot! This work took the whole day but still couldn't finished!

Sunset came around, which means our job should have to put apart. It was the time to enjoy the dinner! As I said earlier, it was indescribable delicious! We got to bath! I had the 'shower party' with another two girls. Before we went to bed, we had to do the reflection thing which also means the feedback. That was the day!

Stay tuned: Cambodia OCIP: #2nd day

No comments:

Post a Comment